Monday, November 24, 2008

On Hate

As a Leaf fan, I have unwittingly become an expert on hate. Not racial, not religious, not linguistic.
I am an expert on Sports hate. The type of hate that every true sports fan has experienced, and in most cases holds against some team(s) and or player(s).
This hate is what keeps things interesting, it keeps rivalry's going and in many cases it keeps fans honest.
There is a line though, many fans have drifted into the dark territory, Blind hate. All this does is make the offender look, for the lack of a better word, like a tool.
Here are some simple tips on how to avoid blind hate.

1) Don't white wash.
Example : All *blank* fans are assholes
Truth: You're the asshole

2) Don't go overboard.
Example: Racism, sexism.
Truth: You're a huge asshole

3)Be realistic.
Example: *talented player for a team I hate* Sucks, he is the suckiest suck that ever sucked.
Truth: You can say you hate him, but denying his talent makes you a stupid asshole.

4) Have a valid reason.
Example: "I hate *Players name* because he plays for *certain team*
Truth: You're a clueless asshole.

5) Don't cross the line.
Example: your a *certain team* fan, your mother is a *not particularly classy lady*
Truth: You will end up a toothless asshole

Following these simple rules and you are well on your way to becoming a respected, although opposing fan!

9 comments:

"Dave Schultz" said...

so what you're really saying is people are assholes.

well done.

Down Goes Brown said...

Example: I'm a fan of two teams, *team I like* and whoever is playing against *team I hate*
Truth: You are a fan of no teams.

dani said...

That's so great and so true.

James said...

Also:

Example: Questioning a fan's sexuality for liking a certain team
Truth: You're the idiot

Loser Domi said...

I am intrigued by your ideas and wish to subscribe to your newsletter

SteveDangle said...

THis sums up beging a Leafs fan (and it's me whoring my own videos)

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-o2eKELNubE

Lori said...

I like screaming irrationally awful things at the guy my enforcer (Eric Godard) is beating the shit out of. I mean, I guess I don't really have a reason.. it just hypes me up. Is that OK?

Loser Domi said...

stevedangle, that's one of my most favourtie reactions EVAR. Pretty much every line is gold..

wrap around curl said...

It's ok Steve, we are a band of whores...