Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A post about nothing...

The content over here at Getting Nifty In The Clutch has been left, I think, to the whims of each specific blogger. In this case it's your boy, eyebleaf, from Sports And The City. Usually there's hockey involved. This time, however, there isn't.  

Sorry.

Anyway, how are you? Oh, me, I'm doing well; I can't complain. The recession is a bitch, but I've still got a job, so I'm counting my blessings (total: two). 

Let me not waste another second of your most valuable time, and get right to the point. For those of you who don't know me, or don't know me well (holla!), I love Seinfeld. It was, bar none, the greatest show to ever be broadcast on television. It was a show about nothing, yet at the same time, a show about so much. What an idea. 

I have, for years, been advocating for a 24-hour Seinfeld channel. Its creation would render useless the most abused phrase when it comes to television: "there's nothing on."

Now, let me tell you, there's nothing I enjoy more than life imitating, or mirroring, or emulating, or whatever you want to call it, a Seinfeld episode. It happens more than you'd think and, when it does, it is one of the universe's finest and most special moments.

So, basically, there's someone at the office who, essentially, wears the same sweater everyday. Not that I really give a damn. If it's a nice sweater, by all means, wear it everyday. It's a free country. Anyway, a colleague pointed out this person, and their lack of clothing diversity, to me. Well, I took a look, and did a little reflecting. My colleague, in all his or her wisdom, was right. Same sweater. Everyday.

My apologies. I can't be overly specific. 

For national security purposes. 

Surely you understand. Don't blame me. Blame the terrorists. Look, you're either with us or against us.

Anyway, all of this reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where our dear friend Jerry was dating a woman who was always, even in pictures, wearing the same dress.

Here's my main man, Sein:

"What in God's name is going on here? Is she wearing the same thing over and over again? Or does she have a closet full of these, like Superman? I've got to unlock this mystery!"

So do I, Jerry. So do I.

6 comments:

sleza said...

And now I hear his voice in my head... Mille grazie

It was funny show though

blurr1974 said...

loved Seinfeld, still quote it at least once a week...

generally "Newman" (as said by Jerry) suits just about any negative situation. A total catch all...

PPP said...

This blog needs some more commitment. Everyone else should can their other blogs and unite here.

So much potential is being wasted...

Also, Seinfeld = G.O.A.T.

SteveDangle said...

These pretzels are making me thirsty.

eyebleaf said...

@ Sleza: You know the voice in my head? It is Jerry Seinfeld. In all his sarcastic glory.

@ Blurr: It's amazing that I've seen all the shows and watched all the repeats, well, repeatedly...I still find it laugh out loud funny when I watch it. And the angry "Newman" call is the best.

@ PPP: I haven't done enough over here, I'll be the first to admit it. Hopefully Wrap doesn't mind the Seinfeld content too much. And, yes, G.O.A.T for sure.

eyebleaf said...

@ Dangle: That line should be in the Smithsonian, along with the puffy shirt.